If they won’t let us dream, we won’t let them sleep!
April 23 @ 10am
Gather at NCSU Bell Tower
On April 23rd, students and youth from all across North Carolina will converge on the capitol to demand justice on a range of issues affecting the vast majority of the people of our state.
We are living in historic times. Young people across our state, throughout the US, and across the world are leading the way in the fight to build a better world. As the attacks against our communities increase, the calls for justice and dignity grow louder. Our greatest strength is our unity, and it is in this spirit that we call on young people and students across NC fighting for a better tomorrow to come and make our voices heard loud and clear to the powers that be.
Earlier this year, the NC Defend Education Coalition helped to organize a demonstration of more than 200 students from across NC that shut down and occupied the University of North Carolina Board of Governors meeting to protest tuition hikes. On April 23, we will be joining with the North Carolina AFL-CIO, Action NC, Democracy NC, Planned Parenthood, and other organizations that are part of the “Out of Control NC Coalition” to say NO to the state legislature’s right-wing, anti-people agenda.
The youth and students of the NC Defend Education Coalition demand that the state legislature:
– Halt all tuition hikes and budget cuts! Stop the attacks on the public sector! Tax the banks and corporations! Close corporate tax loopholes!
– Justice for Trayvon Martin! Get rid of the Castle Doctrine! Fund schools, not prisons!
– Stop SB 575! Repeal GS 95-98 and right to work laws! Collective bargaining for public workers!
– All out to vote against Amendment One! Bigots out of the legislature!
– Full access to education for undocumented youth! Stop deportations and the demonization of immigrants!
When: Monday April 23rd, Student and Youth Rally at NCSU Bell Tower at 10:00am, March to the legislature at 10:40am
Where: Meet at the NC State University Bell Tower (at the intersection of Hillsborough St and Pullen Rd in Raleigh NC)
RSVP on Facebook
For transportation, housing, and other info, email us at: email@example.com
Download the flier here!